"Gaddafi's supporters getting fewer"
Rebels have reportedly been boosted by the ICC's decision to issue an arrest warrant for Gaddafi
Tripoli - UPIClashes between rebel forces and troops loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi broke out about 50 miles southwest of Tripoli, a rebel spokesman said. The rebels said they were making a push for the country's capital Read more...
Rebels pour into streets in celebration
The Hague's top prosecutor launched an investigation into Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi on May 16
The Hague - Arabstoday / AFPLibyan rebels from Benghazi to Misrata poured into the streets to spray the sky with celebratory gunfire on Monday after the International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant against Muammar Gaddafi. Scenes Read more...
Abdullah Ocelan aims to end 26-year conflict
Abdullah Ocalan is serving a life sentence for leading a guerilla-style revolt
Ankara - AFPJailed Kurdish rebel leader Abdullah Ocalan has sent peace proposals to Ankara aimed at ending 26 years of deadly conflict, a senior militant was quoted as saying Monday. Ocalan, who retains Read more...
Anti-government activists hold public meeting
Violence continues to unfold across Syria
Beirut - Arabstoday/ AFPSyrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime has called members of the opposition and intellectuals for July 10 talks on the wave of protest sweeping the country, the official SANA news agency reported Monday. The move came after Read more...
Syrian refugees in Turkey down to 11,100
Syrian refugees walk along their tents at a refugee camp in the Turkish border
Damascus - AFPThe number of Syrians taking refuge at tent cities in Turkey has decreased to 11,122 after several hundred people went back home, Turkish officials said Monday. "On June 26-27, 375 of those who had crossed Read more...
Cabinet plots ways to repel new Gaza convoy
The 10-ship convoy will depart from Greece later this week
Jerusalem - AFPIsrael on Monday backtracked on its warning to foreign journalists covering the Gaza-bound flotilla, saying they would not face the same punishment as other participants in the convoy. "Prime Minister Benjamin Read more...
Libya bombing campaign enters 100th day
Libyan doctors attend a wounded rebel fighter at a makeshift emergency unit
Benghazi - AFPNATO operations in Libya entered a 100th day on Monday with airstrikes having eased the siege of key rebel cities but with Muammar Gaddafi still in power and fears of an open war lingering Read more...
Will appear within the next 48 hours
A woman takes photograph of a demonstration demanding the ouster of Yemen's President
Riyadh/Sanaa - ArabstodayWounded Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, not seen in public since an attack on his palace in early June, is well enough to return to Yemen soon and will make a media appearance within the next Read more...
|Libya's motion coup|
|Ends the uprising|
|European hotel in London|
|Chef Nobu Matsuhisa|
|Sets stellar example|
|Arab media forum|
Wind: SE at 9.66 km/h
Thursday13°C | 23°C
Friday16°C | 22°C
Saturday11°C | 21°C
- Females outperform male counterparts in college entrance ratio in 2010
- Women staff development a key priority at HMC
- Greenpeace protesters dump coal at S.Africa utility
- Asian stocks down as European debt fears rise
- 15,000 Australians die of smoking-related diseases a year
- Promises to open up nation's markets to British products
- More than 1,000 new species found on th Melanesian
- "Bollywood Oscars" held for the first time in N. America
- 68% of women in the Middle East feel they are treated equally
- Kate wins over the crowd and shows her maternal side
- Queen Mary 2" largest cruise in world gets title of "ship" dirty
- Creating healthy behaviors can ward off obesity in babies
- Five great British islands
- Exploring art in ulan bator
- Rachel Weisz 'secretly marries James Bond star Daniel Craig
Health and Nutrition
Women in the News
Hopeful on peace